SPOKANE, WASH. – The Northwest League has released the 2015 All-Star roster for the inaugural Northwest League vs. Pioneer Baseball League All-Star Game presented by Cenex Zip Trip® stores. The event will be hosted at Avista Stadium, home of the Spokane Indians, on Tuesday, August 4, 2015.
All eight NWL teams are represented on the roster, including MVP candidate LeDarious Clark, starting center fielder for the Spokane Indians and Jared Miller, the ring leader of Hillsboro’s dominant pitching staff. Other notables include Salem-Keizer’s Chris Shaw, the 31st overall pick by the San Francisco Giants in the 2015 MLB First-Year Player Draft, and Boise’s Kevin Padlo, one of the Colorado Rockies’ top prospects. The projected starting lineup for the Northwest League is:
• P Jared Miller, Hillsboro Hops, representing the Arizona Diamondbacks
• C Miguel Gomez, Salem-Keizer Volcanoes, representing the San Francisco Giants
• 1B Brian Mundell, Boise Hawks, representing the Colorado Rockies
• 2B Dylan Moore, Spokane Indians, representing the Texas Rangers
• 3B Kevin Padlo, Boise Hawks, representing the Colorado Rockies
• SS Drew Jackson, Everett AquaSox, representing the Seattle Mariners
• OF LeDarious Clark, Spokane Indians, representing the Texas Rangers
• OF Zach Nehrir, Hillsboro Hops, representing the Arizona Diamondbacks
• OF Logan Taylor, Everett AquaSox, representing the Seattle Mariners
• DH Jose Vizcaino Jr., Salem-Keizer Volcanoes, representing the San Francisco Giants
Spokane’s managerial staff, led by nine-year veteran Tim Hulett, will take charge of the squad. Hulett is joined by Jose Jaimes, Rick Down, Chase Lambin and Dustin Vissering.
“It’s exciting to see a single team highlighting some of the best prospects from the Northwest League” said Mike Ellis, President of the Northwest League. “The city of Spokane is going to experience a great baseball contest, and both leagues are very excited to be a part of the event.”
The Salem-Keizer Volcanoes, Vancouver Canadians and Hillsboro Hops will each have four representatives to lead the league, with all eight teams having at least two players on the roster.
Honorary managers for the game include Hall-of-Famer George Brett (Pioneer Baseball League) and local native Mike Redmond (Northwest League).