UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 8:24 p.m.
- Gonzaga hoping to add talented forward Drew Timme to 2019 recruiting class
- John Blanchette: Santa Clara answers Mark Few’s call to arms
- Gonzaga’s Rui Hachimura named WCC player of week
- Gonzaga stays at No. 3 in AP poll, Duke climbs into top spot
- Gonzaga tightens up defense in blowout win over Texas Southern
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 10:37 p.m.
- Video: Washington State wide receiver Easop Winston post practice Nov. 13
- Video: Washington State nose tackle Taylor Comfort post practice Nov. 13
- Video: Washington State safety Jalen Thompson post practice Nov. 13
- Washington State retains No. 8 spot in College Football Playoff rankings
- Video: Washington State coach Mike Leach post practice Nov. 13
UPDATED: Sun., Nov. 11, 2018, 9:50 p.m.
- Gonzaga women working through changes ahead of game at Eastern Washington
- Gonzaga’s depth leads to blowout victory over Montana in women’s basketball season opener
- Gonzaga’s Melody Kempton, a Post Falls graduate, enjoyed her first taste of college basketball
- Balanced offense leads Gonzaga women to blowout exhibition win over Carroll College
- Gonzaga women focusing on playing their game in exhibition against Carroll College
Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 10:26 p.m.
- Chiefs Riley Woods is WHL player of the week
- Chiefs get goals from seven players in 7-2 rout of Victoria Royals
- Two more goals for Riley Woods, but Chiefs fall 7-5 at Victoria
- Six goals not enough for Spokane Chiefs in loss to Portland
- Spokane Chiefs have sloppy showing in 6-2 loss to Everett Silvertips
UPDATED: Sat., Nov. 10, 2018, 11:40 p.m.
- State football: Mead falls in 4A playoffs to Graham-Kapowsin
- State football: West Valley falls to Ellensburg in 2A defensive battle
- State playoffs: Colville routs Connell, Newport handles La Salle in 1A first-round football
- Prep football roundup: Mt. Spokane ousted from State 3A tourney by Timberline
- State volleyball: Oakesdale cruises to State 1B title; Liberty third in 2B
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 9:39 p.m.
- Eastern Washington thumps UC Davis 59-20 in Big Sky showdown
- Eastern Washington notebook: Eagles secondary steps up in win over UC Davis; Webster twins relish big Senior Day
- Showdown in Cheney: Fifth-ranked Eastern Washington ready for upstart, No. 4 UC Davis
- Eastern Washington center Spencer Blackburn is a man beyond his years
- Eastern Washington selects Spokane’s ALSC Architects for predesign of renovated football stadium
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 10:01 p.m.
- Stoic, mature and laser-focused: Meet Mr. Tevis Bartlett, UW linebacker and student teacher
- Jake Browning rebounds from benching for No. 20 Washington
- Washington LT Trey Adams may return for fifth season
- Washington holds off Stanford’s late rally, wins 27-23
- Washington’s Chris Petersen again finds himself coming to the defense of his offensive coordinator
UPDATED: Sat., Nov. 10, 2018, 11:42 p.m.
- Idaho’s Isaiah Saunders followed in his father Walt’s footsteps during career with Vandals
- Idaho hosts former Big Sky rival Montana with perfect home record, Little Brown Stein on the line
- Late score lifts Vandals to home win over North Dakota
- Idaho opens two-game homestand against independent North Dakota
- Idaho notebook: Vandals’ hopes of quick start against Eastern Washington faded away
Sun., Nov. 11, 2018, 8:54 p.m.
- Video: Washington State players Robert Franks, Arinze Chidom and CJ Elleby post Nicholls State
- Behind 17 3-pointers, Washington State pounds New Hope Christian 138-63 in exhibition
- Video: Washington State players CJ Elleby and Isaiah Wade post New Hope
- Video: Washington State coach Ernie Kent post New Hope
- WSU men open with 138-63 win in exhibition against New Hope Christian
UPDATED: Fri., Nov. 9, 2018, 9:07 p.m.
- No. 16 Syracuse shuts down shorthanded Eastern Washington in season opener
- Eastern Washington men open their season at 16th-ranked Syracuse
- Eastern Washington men: ‘Next man up’ approach for guard-heavy Eagles
- Big Sky goes back to 20-game conference basketball schedule
- Ex-Gonzaga guard Jordan Mathews works to stay in NBA after summer league with the Los Angeles Clippers
Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 10:52 p.m.
- Eyassu Worku leads UC Irvine to season-opening win against Idaho
- Eyassu Worku leads UC Irvine to season-opening win against Idaho
- Idaho men: Losses force Vandals to rebuild around young talent
- Significant donations help University of Idaho move ahead with its unique arena
- Idaho Vandals Hall of Fame basketball player Don Newman dies at age 60
UPDATED: Fri., Nov. 9, 2018, 8:59 p.m.
- Noah Dickerson lifts No. 25 Washington past W. Kentucky 73-55
- Washington men: No. 25 Huskies believe NCAA Tournament drought ends this season
- Pac-12 Conference: Elite players, teams lacking heading into season
- Optimism high for Washington men, picked third in Pac-12 preseason poll; Washington State selected last
- Spurs guard Dejounte Murray has torn ACL
Mon., Nov. 12, 2018, 8:34 p.m.
- Unbeaten Whitworth learns it will host Claremont-Mudd-Scripps in first round of D-III playoffs
- Whitworth blanks Willamette for fifth undefeated regular season in school football history
- Whitworth looks to finish unblemished regular season against one-win Willamette
- Leif Ericksen, Garrett McKay help Whitworth rally past Lewis & Clark to remain unbeaten
- Whitworth not overlooking Lewis & Clark with Northwest Conference title on the line
UPDATED: Mon., Nov. 12, 2018, 6:34 p.m.
- Top 25 roundup: No. 1 Alabama beats No. 18 Mississippi State 24-0
- Kansas fires football coach Beaty with year left on contract
- Top 25 roundup: Alabama routs LSU in top-five showdown
- Maryland fires coach DJ Durkin day after reinstatement
- Board recommends DJ Durkin to return as Maryland football coach
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 6:28 p.m.
- Rutgers women’s basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer nearing 1,000 wins
- Minnesota enters women’s AP Top 25, top 5 remain unchanged
- Women’s Top 25 Capsules: No. 4 Baylor tops No. 23 Arizona State at Fort Defiance
- EWU women’s basketball team wins exhibition game against Simon Fraser
- Washington State women look to climb in Pac-12; Idaho, Eastern Washington battle in Big Sky
Mon., Nov. 12, 2018, 5:30 p.m.
- NCAA penalizes BYU in improper benefits case involving guard Nick Emery
- No. 1 Kansas holds off No. 10 Michigan State 92-87 in opener
- A guide to the 2018-19 college basketball season
- Pac-12 Conference: Elite players, teams lacking heading into season
- West Coast Conference: BYU, Saint Mary’s likely to battle for second place
UPDATED: Sun., Nov. 11, 2018, 10 p.m.
- No. 13 USC tops 19th-ranked WSU in four sets
- Area roundup: CC Spokane’s Micaela Kostecka wins women’s race to help Sasquatch claim team cross country title
- Locally: Whitworth senior Jessica Schmautz earns top volleyball honors
- Five different players score as Washington State opens NCAA Tournament with 5-1 rout of Montana
- Shadle Park graduate Nick Hauger wins NCAA West Regional cross country meet
UPDATED: Sat., Nov. 10, 2018, 7:08 p.m.
Gonzaga’s Sophie Whittle takes point-by-point approach to becoming Bulldogs’ first ITA national champion
Wed., Oct. 17, 2018, 5 a.m.
- Gonzaga releases full television schedule for regular season
- Pepperdine defeats Gonzaga in West Coast Conference volleyball
- Demitrius Kigeya’s late goal gives Gonzaga men’s soccer win at Sacramento State
- Soccer: Zags women in scoreless draw while men lose 2-0
- Gonzaga volleyball drops final match at Arizona State’s Sparky Classic
Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 11:43 a.m.
- Seattle Mariners deny fired exec’s claims of racism against Latinos
- Larry Stone: Is Mike Zunino trade a tweak or start of a rebuild for Mariners?
- Mallex Smith dealt to Mariners by Rays for Mike Zunino, Guillermo Heredia
- Mariners finalizing a trade that would send catcher Mike Zunino, outfielder Guillermo Heredia to Rays
- Ex-Zag Marco Gonzales signs two-year deal with Mariners
Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 4:39 p.m.
- Seahawks come up short against Rams in another nail-biter
- Rams eager to rebound from 1st loss, sweep Seahawks series
- Matt Calkins: To make playoffs, Seahawks need Russell Wilson to be better than good
- Larry Stone: Seahawks let one get away; now their playoff chances are bleak
- Seahawks’ comeback bid runs out of time against Chargers
Thu., Nov. 8, 2018, 10:53 p.m.
- Snubs and injuries aside, Sounders playing for their playoff lives in must-win game
- Sounders’ Chad Marshall out for 2nd leg of conference semis
- Timbers go up 2-1 after first leg of semifinal with Sounders
- Raul Ruidiaz scores twice, Sounders beat Earthquakes, 2-1
- Sounders surging into postseason, sights set on No. 2 seed
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 6:02 p.m.
- Rookies of the Year: Shohei Ohtani and Ronald Acuna Jr.
- Top agent Scott Boras calls rebuilding teams ‘competitive cancer’
- Gary Sanchez needs shoulder surgery, CC Sabathia to retire after ’19
- Teams, agents wonder whether slow market will repeat
- Friedman: Manny Machado’s lack of hustle was not a secret
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 4:03 p.m.
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell refuses to sign tag, out for 2018
- Rams lose former EWU WR Cooper Kupp for rest of season
- Last-minute TD pass lifts New York Giants past San Francisco 49ers 27-23
- NFL Capsules: Titans sack Tom Brady, upset Patriots 34-10
- Mike Vrabel’s Titans rout New England 34-10, snap Pats’ streaks
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 11:58 a.m.
- MLS playoffs: Josef Martinez scores twice, Atlanta United beats NYCFC 3-1
- Wayne Rooney heads Best XI in MLS; Sounders’ Chad Marshall also grabs spot for fourth time
- Jessica McDonald scores and U.S. women down Portugal 1-0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Manchester rivals get big wins
- FIFA warns of World Cup ban for players in breakaway league
Mon., Nov. 12, 2018, 10:57 p.m.
- It’s done: Jimmy Butler trade to Philadelphia completed
- NBA Capsules: LeBron James nets 26, dunks for winner as Lakers edge Hawks 107-106
- NBA capsules: Kevin Durant, Quinn Cook help Curry-less Warriors beat Nets
- AP Source: Jimmy Butler going to 76ers from Minnesota
- NBA capsules: Joel Embiid has 42 points, 18 rebounds in 76ers’ OT win
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 2:27 p.m.
- NHL roundup: Henrik Lundqvist leads Rangers past Canucks
- NHL Capsules: Coyotes score 2 power-play goals in 4-1 win over Capitals
- NHL capsules: David Pastrnak scores 3, lifting Bruins to 5-1 win over Maple Leafs
- NHL capsules: Blue Jackets power past Capitals, 2-1
- NHL roundup: After shot to head, TJ Oshie lifts Caps over Pens
Wed., Nov. 7, 2018, 8:01 a.m.
- Golf capsules: DeChambeau wins in Las Vegas for 4th win in 12 starts
- Peter Uihlein grabs first-round lead at Shriners Open
- Golf capsules: Xander Schauffele, Cameron Champ, Nelly Korda win big
- Late rally lets Tony Finau keep 3-shot lead in HSBC Champions
- Cameron Champ shoots 65, takes one-stroke lead at Sanderson Farms
Sun., Nov. 11, 2018, 10:26 p.m.
- Kevin Harvick on mission to silence his critics after penalty
- Kevin Harvick’s championship berth spoiled by NASCAR inspectors
- NASCAR champion Martin Truex moving to Joe Gibbs Racing with crew chief
- Lewis Hamilton relishes F1 challenge from young crop of drivers
- Commentary: Wrong call on Jimmie Johnson on NASCAR’s bad day in Texas
Wed., Nov. 7, 2018, 7:38 p.m.
- USOC moves to shut down USA Gymnastics after Larry Nassar scandal
- Khachanov stuns Djokovic to win his first Paris Masters title
- Ethiopia’s Desisa, Kenya’s Keitany win NYC Marathon
- Daniel Cormier chokes out Derrick Lewis, defends 2nd title at UFC 230
- Accelerate wins $6 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at Churchill Downs
Major League Baseball playoffs have local flair with former Spokane Indians on Boston Red Sox roster
UPDATED: Thu., Oct. 4, 2018, 4:32 p.m.
- Spokane Indians affiliate agreement renewed with Texas Rangers
- Spokane Indians lose on walk-off balk; Eugene takes Northwest League championship series
- Eugene limits Spokane Indians to 4 hits, takes 2-0 lead in NWLCS
- Levi Jordan’s late homer lifts Eugene over Spokane Indians in Game 1 of NWLCS
- Spokane Indians, Eugene Emeralds produce surprising Northwest League championship matchup
Mon., Nov. 12, 2018, 11:15 p.m.
- Big Sky Notebook: Conference title to again be settled on final weekend of season
- Montana Grizzlies not altering approach as they turn focus toward rival Montana State Bobcats
- Montana, Montana State could be battling for playoff berth in Brawl of the Wild
- Setting the stage: Bobcats, Grizzlies have built momentum heading into 118th rivalry clash
- Reviewing Bobby Hauck's first stint against Montana State
Thu., Nov. 1, 2018, 6 a.m.
- Underappreciated Gonzaga point guard Josh Perkins primed for big senior year
- Gonzaga men: Talented roster generates high expectations for Bulldogs despite Killian Tillie injury
- John Blanchette: From Courtney Vandersloot on up to Will Foster, we rank the all-time Gonzaga players by height
- Laura Stockton is ready to make some noise, as is Gonzaga
- John Blanchette: Game that started Gonzaga’s 20-year NCAA Tournament run was part fact, part fiction
Sun., June 3, 2018, 4 a.m.
- John Blanchette: Handing the ball to Marshawn Lynch in Super Bowl XLIX turns the Seahawks into an unstoppable dynasty – or he’s stopped short
- Shawn Vestal: Looking at the great ‘what if’ had Evel Knievel landed the Snake River Canyon jump
- John Blanchette: Looking at the great ‘what if’ had the Spokane Indians remained a Triple-A team
- Ralph Walter: Magic of ‘What if’ keeps SuperSonics in Seattle, gives Gonzaga a football team
Tue., Nov. 13, 2018, 8:48 a.m.
- Couch Slouch: It doesn’t make dollars and sense to go to NFL game in Vegas
- Grip on Sports: The Seahawks get close again but fumble away their chances to makes something of the season
- Grip on Sports: It's hard to see how this fall's football fortunes could be much better
- John Blanchette: In era of eye-popping offenses, Washington State defense as good as they need to be
- TV Take: From Gardner Minshew’s ‘Heisman moment’ to Mike Leach’s moustache, Washington State shines late in win at Colorado